Pop Up Kaboom Safety Tackler Sled/Pre Game Sled
The Kaboom Pop Up Safety Tackler Sled was created to help prevent avoidable concussions and all other helmet related injuries during practice. The “Kaboom” is truly a teaching tool. The goal is to keep the helmet, and particular the crown of the helmet, out of collisions. On the front of the pad is the text STRIKE PLATE (sewn from shoulder tip to shoulder tip). This is where the tackler is to make contact. The player dips (we suggest you purchase the Bump Stick and use it as a portable limbo Stick) and rips through the pad and tackles the sled.
- Head Up and Chest Up (those words are sewn onto the front of the pad). Thus, with each tackle players are reminded where and how they are to make contact.
- When the sled is tackled to the ground it uprights quickly, without any help, and is ready for the next tackler.
- The Pop Up Kaboom Safety Tackler Sled is ideal for all levels, but especially for JV and middle school players.
- It is also a great Pre Game Sled.
- The Kaboom has other uses, such as with Running Backs and Wide Outs to enhance ball security during contact, stiff arm techniques, and for younger O and D linemen from stance to fit, contact, drive, and shed.
- The sled has no metal spring inside and is built to be lighter than a standard tackling sled (sled weighs 70 lbs.) to take the fear out of tackling, and to stress technique.
- Because it’s light it can travel fairly easy, and it’s a great sled to get loose on, to warm up with.
- The entire pad is removable for storage.
- Dimensions: 53” Tall x 69” Long x 28” Wide x shipping weight is 150 lbs.
- Warranty on metal is 5 years, on padding 2 years.
- Metal frame is painted black.
- Pad color is Black only.